Saturday, May 26, 2012

Relocate.

I tweet. A lot. (working on it, promise.)
So if you follow me on Twitter then you know 1 of 2 things:
1. I found a job for the summer at Buckner International in Longview, Texas.
2. I've seen/heard Matthew 6 everywhere. All week long. (God always speaks.)
Matthew 6 is good stuff. Read it. The portion of this that has been constantly on my mind is verses 19-34. God, daily, whispers, "I love you... don't worry."

For the summer, I will be in East Texas area. East Texas is where I attended college. So no, it's not entirely new for me. The relocation is not entirely foreign, it is familiar. People here are familiar and so is the church I attend and serve at. However, there is also a bit of newness to it all. New job, new town, new schedule, new immediate community, new "roommates" even new lessons to be learned. New can be exciting, but sometimes, worry tags along:

Will I like it here? What if I dislike the job? Will I excel in it? Will I be able to make ends meet? What if I face car trouble? What if I get home sick? What if there's an emergency? (You get the idea.)

This is how cool God is: I received the phone call Wednesday (5/23) that I had been given the job. After the phone call, I prayed. I thanked God then realized... "this means I'm moving back out of my home, away from family." Immediately I heard God tell me, "read your devotional". So, I grabbed my Bible and "My Utmost for His Highest." Sure enough, the scripture to read for May 23rd was: Matthew 6:25. I laughed to myself a bit as, yet again, God was speaking to me, reassuring me that I have nothing to worry about as I relocate for this season.

Oswald put's it like this: 
"It is not only wrong to worry, it is unbelief; worrying means we do not believe that God can look after the practical details of our lives, and it is never anything but those details that worry us. Have you ever noticed what Jesus said would choke the Word He puts in us? Is it the devil? No— “the cares of this world” (Matthew 13:22). It is always our little worries. We say, “I will not trust when I cannot see”— and that is where unbelief begins. The only cure for unbelief is obedience to the Spirit.

I don't know what to expect over these next 3 months. Something inside me, however, is in expectation. God has me here for a purpose. A purpose greater than what I know at the moment. Worry cripples you. It's birth out of the lies of the enemy. Worry then quickly grows when we take our eyes off of God and HIS power and start to rely on our own abilities. I can't depend on my own strength. I must fully depend on God, alone. 

Humans worry. But may this be a reminder that you don't have to. Keep your eyes on Him and His righteousness and the rest will be taken care of. It's a promise... and God never breaks a promise.

. . . do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on — Matthew 6:25

Be like a bird. Be like a flower. They don't worry, they just are. As creation, they point to God. Is your life pointing to God, or are you too busy worrying about the rest?

Pray I point to God, every moment of every day.

Crystal Lee.

No comments:

Post a Comment