Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Ketchup!

It's time. It's time to KETCHUP! (Catch up.)
Without further a due, allow me to catch you up.
[Trying to figure out how to fit everything into this post, I realized, I ramble and this might end up being a 2 part blog... 
yeah, let's go with that.]


KETCHUP Part I.

When people ask me, "What is the God currently doing in your life?", "What has the Lord been teaching you?" or my favorite, "What season are you in spiritually?" I have various answers. Sometimes more than one. I don't think God is up there with a weekly binder thinking to himself, "This week, Crystal and I need to go over patience. Once we get that done, we will move on to fasting." God is in charge and I'm just his workmanship. No lesson is just for one day. No season in life happens only once. (Not saying there aren't those "once in a lifetime" moments. But after all, there isn't anything new under the sun, right?)

God is currently demonstrating His faithfulness/provision in my life.
(As He has many times before.)
The Lord is teaching me how to get rid of idols in my life.
(Don't be shocked. You have them too.)
Last but not least, I'm in a season of NEW. Ketchup Part I will be about my current season.

It seems like I have lots of new going on right now. It's overwhelming and I feel so undeserving but I'm so grateful that God knows and meets my needs way before I think to ask him to.

I still have the job I spoke about in  my last post.
I work for my Alma Marter.
I still live in a duplex.
But I have a new roommate. Well, two if we count Daisy... and I always count Daisy. Daisy is my new roommate's puppy. I love this puppy. (My roommate says Daisy has magic powers to make everyone like her... I'll be honest, at first I didn't believe her. Everyone I have brought over to our house since then has fallen in love with Daisy. -__- We're convinced, she uses her doggy voodoo.)

God always takes care of His children. When something in my life starts falling apart I freak out! Most of the times, okay every time, I worry more often than I pray and I try to put everything back together instead of moving out of the way and allowing God to come through like He promises to. Of course, after all my failed attempts, God flings wide open a door that I wasn't expecting and provides in a way that exceeds my expectations. My new roommate is one of those. 

When I had to be on the hunt for a new roommate, I was nervous. I hesitated to just let any random gal live with me! I'm a strong believer of the home being a place of harmony, peace, rest and love. I didn't want a divided home, drama, chaos or darkness. (Sounds harsh, but hey, it's the truth.) There were 2 gals that seemed interested to move in. Both I knew very well and each I know I could have lived with comfortably. Would have been easy and comfortable to have a familiar face move in. Easy peasy. But if things were always easy and comfortable, we wouldn't grow. Within the same week, both ladies told me they each decided to live elsewhere. (Nothing crazy happened, just didn't work out. Still LOVE them both and can't wait to see them again.) So I was back at square 1. Rent was due soon and I needed a roommate. By this time, I knew God had a stranger in mind to move in. My nerves multiplied as I gave up on arranging this myself. By word of mouth my new roommate heard of the extra room I had available and how I was in search of  a roommate. Turns out, after a series of crazy events, she too was in dire need of a roommate and new place to live. Met her (via phone call) December 25th. Met her in person January 1st. She signed the lease January 1st. Rent is due January 1st. Yep, peace all over that situation. When God moves, there's peace, folks. Lots of it. The story of NEW and God's incredible provision doesn't stop there. See, for a couple of months prior to this, I had been praying for God to bring me a spiritual sister, specifically someone who had the same believes as I did, someone who would sharpen me, someone who would be as Barnabas was to Paul, an encourager. Since day 1, my roommate and I have had those conversations the Bible talks about, you know, the salty ones! "Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt...". For real, we could talk about God all night long. Love it. One of the first nights we both had some down time, we brewed a pot of coffee, sipped it and talked. She shared her testimony and I followed with mine. As I sat there in mid conversation with her, God whispered to me, "She's the answer to your prayer." He then reminded me of my prayer from months back. PRAISE GOD! How silly of me to fear the unknown, when it was the very way God had designed to answer a prayer I prayed from the depths of my heart. <3 He sweeps me off my feet.

God already knows how He's going to meet your need before you even come to realize what that need is. Like I said, no season is new. I believe at times we may find ourselves in a similar season from before just maybe due to a different circumstance than before. When needs arise in my life, some unexpected, I am always brought to 1 Peter 5:7, "Cast all your anxieties on Him because He cares for you." 

My season of new doesn't end here. On the contrary, God keeps blessing me with new things, both tangible things and non tangible things. When needs are met, I am reminded by God, "Be faithful." God says, "If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful with big things." In other words, continue being faithful with what God has given you and watch Him bless you. He really is a good God. 

This is getting long, I could go on forever.
God has provided in amazing ways.
Next time you see me, ask me about my new car.

I leave you with Daisy. Warning: You may fall in love.

"For just as the heavens are higher than the earth,

    so my ways are higher than your ways

    and my thoughts higher than your thoughts."
Isaiah 55:9




Crystal Lee. 



PS. To the readers that have asked me when I would blog next or if I stopped blogging, thank you. This one is for you! I'm constantly encouraged by readers and their response to my blogs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment