Monday, May 26, 2014

Engaged. [Everything is different.]

Excuse me, it's been so long.

Allow me to blow the dust off this keyboard, get my thoughts together and get my fingers to typing.

It's been about a year and 2 months since I last blogged. If it wasn't for that 'nudge' you get to do things you enjoy or have missed, or for friends who have encouraged me to get at it again... I probably would have allowed even more time to go by in between this post and my last.

EVERYTHING IS DIFFERENT!

A year ago..

I lived with a roommate and her dog.
I was a rookie Admissions Counselor.
I photographed as a pass time.
I led worship for the youth group at my church.
I was single.

Today...

I live with a different roommate.
(My pervious roommate is now happily married. And yes, I still see and spend time with Daisy. She's still cute and sassy.)
I recently got promoted to Senior Admissions Counselor.
(They must think I know what I'm doing after almost a full 2 years of experience. Most days I do. I'm so blessed and extremely grateful.)
I haven't photograhed in a while. :(
I no longer lead worship but do still participate on a praise team one Sunday of the month.
I have taken steps to eat healthier.
(Forsaking my love of pizza, Chick Fil A fries & Dr. Pepper as best I can.)
I am now a yogi in training.
(I started taking yoga classes about 2 months ago. It's addicting. I am a big fan.)
I have been blessed with the opportunity to host a girls bible study in my duplex once a week.
(They keep coming back (the ladies) and I'm glad. Sometimes, I don't know why, I feel so inadequate, but God knows why and I trust Him.)

I'm engaged.


Crazy all that can happen in a years time. Here I am typing this and glancing at my left hand every few seconds in amazement that a diamond ring is on my ring finger. The author and perfecter of my faith is so good and His timing, matchless. In His time, He has brought together two individual believers to be untied as one. And sometimes, I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE I'M GETTING MARRIED!! AND TO SUCH AN AMAZING MAN OF GOD. In my last blog post, Ketchup - Part 1 (my apologize that part 2 never came), I failed to mentioned I was still single at this time, and like the post previous to that one shared, I was content.

I am not here to throw those cliche phrases concerning this like, 'it'll happen when you least expect it', 'it will happen so fast', 'when you know, you know' or 'go out and mingle', etc. (Each story is so different and I've learned mine won't match that of another couple around me. Be you and constantly pursue the one who created you.) I am here simply to share God is faithful and HE is LOVE. And to share a verse that has been repeated in my head, time and time again, 'Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you'. - Matthew 6:33

God's love for you never changes. Whether you are in a 'good' or 'bad' season, single or taken, full time job or part time job. Though our circumstances can often change, God remains. He continues to call out to us throughout the seasons, inviting us to the ultimate LOVE relationship with Him. God still has my heart and I'm ever so in love. It's a beauty this whole courtship into marriage. I've gotten a greater revelation of what it is for Christ to love His church and lay His life down for us. 

His name is Calvin. And I'll share the story and a little more about him soon. I am one happy girl and I guess, that one annoying girl that keeps everyone updated on the countdown every 3 days or so. BUT I CAN'T HELP IT! 

#69days
#CrystalMarriesCalvin

A true love found is a love to be shared. 





Peace. Peace.

Crystal Lee








No comments:

Post a Comment